Monday 28 November 2011

Typography

The name of my magazine is 'Jam' because it is a term used a lot by musicians and so it would relate to them straight away. This is the font I will be using for the front page:
This was taken from the band 'The Jam' s original logo. At first I was unsure on whether or not to do this because I thought that maybe people would think it was a magazine all about that particular band. But I spoke to my target audience and most of them didn't even really know who the Jam are, let alone know what their logo looks like. Also, the audience that I am aiming for probably wouldn't know about the Jam because they are not around any more and the genre of my magazine is current rock/pop. I therefore decided that it would be acceptable for me to use the logo. This is the original Jam logo for the band...

The font I will be using for the name of the artist on the front cover is from www.dafont.com and is called 'Sex Pistols'. This is what it looks like when I type in the artists name to this font preview on 'dafont':


I have chosen this font because it quite quirky (like the artist is supposed to be) and stands out. I probably will not keep it black however, I will see how it looks on the page and decide what colour I am going to make it. It will probably be a bright colour to stand out against her dark skin and the black dress that she is wearing in the photo I am using. 



No comments:

Post a Comment